Here we are at the end of February and where does that leave us with my goals list?
I have been practicing on my wheel and spindle. So far I have managed to finish a skein of yarn on both.
I will have to find another charity to knit for. The one I was thinking of doing it for has asked for donations to stop for the moment. Considering the KAS charity or knitting some for a podcaster’s charity drive.
My socks in color I like are nearly completed. When I got the yarn off Ebay I thought that the yarn was more purple that it has actually is. But I still like them. I have used the Hermoine’s every Day socks pattern, but have replaced the heel with the OMG Heel by Megan Williams. And I love doing this heel. Being a newbie type knitter I usually stick to the pattern so this is the first time I have deviated from the pattern and used a part of another pattern in it.
The Little Miss Cardigan is going along slowly. There is a back is done and I was nearly done on the front side… until I realized that I had made a mistake and had to pull out about 10cm of knitting. :-\
I have purchased a Craftsy class on Continental Knitting so here’s hoping there is progress there too.
The corner to corner blanket that I was making for the Little Miss is FINISHED!! LOL she chose the colors and has declared it the best blanket ever.
Looking up on Ravelry I found out I started the Ocean Waves Blanket 2 years ago and it has had very little work done on it in the last 18 months so it has been frogged. I will have to find a new project to use the yarn in.
- This year I will learn to do short rows (Knitting)
- This year I will to improve upon my spinning on both my wheel and spindle
- This year I will to make time for myself to practice spinning.
- This year I will to make for others donations for
Heart Kids project at the Children’s hospital
- This year I will knit a Geoknitrix pattern.
This year I will knit some more socks in colors I like rather than what yarn was available
- This year I will explore different spinning techniques.
- This year I will knit or crochet a shawl
- This year I will try to do Lace knitting
- This year I will knit the Little Miss a jumper/cardigan
- This year I will learn/practice Continental knitting.
- This year I will complete or Frog my current WIPs.